Our half-day Office Safety course introduces delegates to the common safety hazards that can be found in an office environment. The course explains how to identify health and safety risks and details what office workers can do to prevent their work tasks and behaviours from causing harm.
This Office Health and Safety course is suitable for anyone who works in an office workplace, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time employees.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand why health and safety rules and regulations are important for office workplaces.
- Recognise their health and safety responsibilities and understand where common office safety hazards can be found.
- Understand how to prevent and manage office slips, trips and falls.
- Know how to use electrical equipment safely and prevent workplace fires from starting.
- Understand the importance of carrying out manual handling and chemical handling activities with care.
- Know how to ergonomically set up a desk or computer workstation to prevent discomfort.
- Understand the safe use of work equipment
- Understand safety signage