This one-day course is intended for Construction Site Managers and Supervisors who have responsibility for implementing fire risk assessments and site fire safety plans. In addition to Site Operatives who will need to understand the site fire safety plan and their own responsibilities. This course will include a practical demonstration on the safe use of fire extinguishers.
The fire safety training is sufficient to comply with Regulation 41(5) of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
Construction Fire safety awareness training course overview
At the end of the fire safety awareness training course delegates will have an awareness and understanding of:
- The legal requirements regarding fire safety on construction sites.
- Their individual responsibilities.
- Roles and responsibilities of others, including Principal Contractor, ‘Responsible Person’ and Fire Marshals / Wardens.
- The theory of fire.
- General site fire precautions (fire points, fire alarm, firefighting equipment).
- Practical measures and safe working practices to prevent or reduce risk of fire on site.
- Means of escape and evacuation.